Orientation is an important step in getting started. Our Orientation program is geared toward awareness and student success. We provide you with a general overview of the various departments available to assist you during your time at Daytona State College. Orientation does not, however, provide detailed instructions about how to select and register for classes. For this, you should speak with an academic advisor.
All new and readmitted students pursuing a degree or certificate program are required to complete Orientation. The following programs/majors are excluded from the Orientation requirement (*):
- Apprenticeships including 1020 Child Care Specialist, 1071 Electrical Non-Union, 1072 Electrical Union, 1070 Plumbing Union
- Special Credit including 0001 Non-Degree, 0002 Employment, 0004 and 0007
- Transient 0003
- Dual Enrollment including 0005 Daytona State HS, 0008 Dual Vol./Flagler, 0009 Private
- 1056 Fire Fighter II (1156)
- 1051 Law Enforcement Training (1151)
- 0960 Emergency Medical Technician (1960)
- 0957 Paramedic (1957)
- 2208 Emergency Medical Services (2108)
- 1050 Correctional Officer Recruit Training (1150)
(*) If you are in one of these majors and attempt online orientation, you will get an error message indicating that you are not required to complete. You can check to verify that your major classification is correct by going to Online Services and selecting Your Student Information under the Records and Registration option.
Students who change majors (from a non-Orientation required program to an Orientation-required program) must complete the Orientation requirement, even if they have been attending Daytona State for a semester or more. Registration will be prevented until the Orientation program is completed. You can access the online version of the Orientation once you have completed an admissions application and a student number has been created for you (approximately 1-business day after your application has been received). The online version is available in FalconNet.
To access Online Orientation:
- Go to the MYDAYTONASTATE portal webpage
- Click on the LOGIN button
- Retrieve and enter your UserName (prefix of student email)
- For your password, enter the Default Password that is shown (the letters "Dsc" and your date of birth in a 6-digit format = DscMMDDYY).
- After you have logged in, setup your Security Question and then change your Password
- Click on the tab from the menu bar that says “FalconNet”
- Then select "Orientation" from the left-hand menu
Online Enrollment and Student Development, including Orientation, can be accessed from any computer with Internet access (home, work, public library or Daytona State computer labs).
If you have any questions about Orientation, contact Academic Advising at (386) 506-3661 or advising@DaytonaState.edu.